Compare-n-Save’s Systemic Tree & Shrub Insect Drench with 1.47 percent imidacloprid protects plants for 12 months,
- Vine weevil larvae (including black vine weevil)
- Roundheaded borers (including Asian longhorned beetle and eucalyptus longhorned borer)
- Flatheaded (including bronze birch alder and emerald ash borers)
- Japanese beetles, adult
- Leaf beetles (including elm leaf beetles and viburnum leaf beetles)
- Leafhoppers (including glassy-winged sharpshooter)
- Leafminers (including birch leafminers)
- Pine tip moth larvae
- Royal palm bugs
- Sawfly larvae
- Scales (including armored scale [suppression] and soft scale)
Application to Trees:
RATE: 1 ounce per inch of distance around trunk.
- Tree with 1 trunk
- Measure distance (in inches) around tree trunk at chest height (a flexible tape measure is recommended).
- This is the number of ounces of this product to apply.
- Tree with 2 or more trunks
- Measure distance (in inches) around each tree trunk and add together.
- Multiply this total by 0.75 to get the required number of ounces of this product to apply.
Example: A tree has 4 trunks. They measure 20, 10, 5 and 5 (inches) or a total of 40 inches. 40 x 0.75 = 30 ounces.
Application to Shrubs:
RATE: 3 ounces per foot of height.
DO NOT apply more than 9.4 ounces of product per 1,000 square feet per year.
- Measure the height of the shrub to the nearest foot.
- Multiply the number of feet by 3. This will be the number of ounces of this product to apply.
How to Apply
- Fill a bucket or watering can with 1 gallon of water. For large trees with circumference greater than 50 inches, use 2 gallons of water.
- Shake bottle well.
- Carefully measure required amount of product into bucket.
- Slowly pour the solution evenly around the tree. For best results, pour as close to the trunk/main stem of the tree/ shrub as possible.
- Fill the bucket with clean water and pour it around the trunk as well.
People & Pets: People and pets may re-enter treated areas after spray has dried.