Sprayed Azaleas For Lacebugs

6/27/2020 – Sprayed Martin’s Imidacloprid mixed at 1 tbsp in 2 gallons of water in the 2-gallon sprayer. Added about 2 tbsp/2 gallons of a non-ionic surfactant. The little azalea at the AC Compressor was heavily infested. The large one next to it had some on most leaves. The row across from them near the grain bin […]

Continue Reading

Topped Azaleas

8/1/2019 – The azaleas between the backyard and the barnyard have grown well since we cut them back here. By the end of the next bloom, they will be too high again and, besides, Mary said I would regret it if I did not trim them now. I am not stupid and did as told. […]

Continue Reading

Sprayed Azaleas for Lace Bugs

7/22/2019 – Sprayings this spring with new Sevin has not deterred the lace bugs and the white stippling is showing up again. Mixed Martin’s Imidacloprid according to directions (at least 1.5 tsp/gallon) and sprayed all the foliage’s topside–where the white lace was evident and clear leaves. Add Dawn as a surfactant. Sprayed ALL the azaleas–the […]

Continue Reading