Active Ingredient: Hydramethylnon 0.36%, S-Methoprene 0.25%
From the Tips link – “spread Extinguish® Plus bait at a rate of 1.5 lbs per acre through a 1/8” gate on
A good paper at Alabama Cooperative Extension is Managing Fire Ants with Baits.
- The flakes of bait consist of a carrier such as corn grits, a food attractant such as vegetable oil, and an insecticidal active ingredient that exerts a toxic effect on the ants.
- The oil is the important ingredient that goes bad over time or when not stored properly.
- Keep in mind that if it is easy to see the bait flowing out of the spreader, it is likely that too much bait is being applied. The goal would be to apply around 10 flakes of bait per square foot. Without extra care, much more bait than necessary could be applied.
Calibration of Cyclone Seeder
- Front Yard is 15.6 KSF = 0.36 acres.
- At 1.5 lbs/ac, spread 0.5 lbs.
- Weigh out 0.5 lbs. and put in the seeder with the gate set at 1/8″.
- See how far it goes.