Below is a log of the vegetables and fruit we preserved from the gardens, yard, and farm.
|6/8/2021||Whole Kernal Corn||3 qt.||Frozen|
|6/8/2021||Bread & Butter Pickles Recipe 4.1||2 qt.||Pickled|
|6/13/2021||Whole Kernel Corn – Creamy Whole Kernel||4 qt. – 2 qt.||Frozen|
|6/13/2021||Basil Pesto – Our Recipe with extra red pepper flakes||5 half-pint jars||Refrigerated|
|6/14/2021||Bread & Butter Pickles Recipe 4.2||6 pints||Pickled|
|6/16/2021||Whole Kernal Corn||6 qt.||Frozen|
|6/16/2021||“Sun-dried” cherry tomatoes w/ EVO, thyme & oregano||5 cups||Dehydrated/vac packed|
|6/17/2021||“Sun-dried” cherry tomatoes w/ pecan oil, basil & salt||2 cups||Dehydrated/vac packed|
|6/17/2021||Dill pickles made with warm-water bath||7 pints||Pickled|
|6/17/2021||Whole Kernal Corn||10 qt.||Frozen|
|<6/17/2021||Yellow squash – Zucchini||9 qt. – 5 qt.||Frozen|
|6/18/2021||Yellow Squash – Zucchini||1 qt. – 3 qt.||Frozen|
|6/22/2021||Whole tomatoes, quartered||5 qt.||Canned|
|6/24/2021||Yellow Squash – Zucchini||3 qt. – 2 qt.||Frozen|
|6/24/2021||Whole Kernal Corn||8 qt.||Frozen|
|6/24/2021||Whole tomatoes, quartered||4 qt.||Canned|
|7/2/2021||MS Crowder Peas – Mix Silver & Purple||3 qt.||Frozen|
|7/2/2021||PEPH Top Pick||5 qt.||Frozen|
|7/7/2021||MS Purple Crowder||2 qt.||Frozen|
|7/7/2021||MS Silver Crowder||2 qt.||Frozen|
|7/8/2021||PEPH Top Pick||4 qt.||Frozen|
|7/10/2021||MS Silver Crowder||3 qt.||Frozen|
|7/24/2021||Okra. Large pods cut into pieces and small ones left whole to be used individually as needed.||2 qt.||Frozen|
- Corn – 33 qt.
- Yellow Squash – 13 qt.
- Zucchini – 10 qt.
- Tomatoes Canned – 9 qt. Gave away 2 qts.
- Bread & Butter Pickles – 8 pt.
- Dill pickles – 7 pints
- Basil Pesto – 5 half-pints
- Peas – PEPH Top Pick – 9 qt.
- Peas – MS Crowder, 2 types – 10 qt.
- Okra – 2 qt.
- Visitors – All the vegetables preserved were grown in our garden and put up the same or next day after they were picked. These notes do not provide all the steps we took to prepare the veggies for preservation.
- The squash and zucchini were cut into 3/4″ thick coins, both sides dried with paper towels, and vac-packed in quart bags.
- The whole kernel corn was placed into quart zip locks, air squeezed out by hand and frozen.