This page includes the strategy for using the pull behind sprayer and the different yard areas.
1/25/2020 – Bought at Hurley Feed and Seed
This Trimec® product is a combination of four proven weed killers:
- dicamba and
Hand Spray – Spot Treatments
To mix 1 gallon put in 0.75 – 1.5 fl. oz. or 1.5 – 3.0 Tbsp to treat 1,000 sq. ft.
- Broadcast (entire areas) applications or follow-up applications at 2-6 week intervals are recommended for more mature weeds, for dense infestations, and for adverse environmental conditions.
- Spot treatments during summer may be appropriate for sparse infestations, or as a follow-up treatment, or any time broadleaf weeds are susceptible.
- Irrigation: Do not apply this product immediately before rainfall or irrigation. Rain or watering within 4 hours after treatment may reduce effectiveness.
- Mowing: Delay mowing 1 to 2 days before and after the application of this product.
- For St. Augustine grass – apply 0.75 – 1.5 oz. per 1,000 SF
- At 1 oz./1,000 SF for 12,000 SF (with buffer to not overspray into beds/plants) will need 12 oz.
- E-W is 160 feet and N-S 75 feet to safely be back from plants; i.e. staying back to not spray into beds or Sunset Magic Crapes.
- Sprayer does a 40″ (3.33 ft.) So 160×3.33= 533 SF per swath. So a round should spray 1.1 gallons and cover 80″ or 6’8″ plus the overspray. At 75′ wide and 6’8″ per round it will take 11 rounds.
Back Yard – 2,700 SF
Small Garden Yard – 5,400 SF
Old Garden 42,000 SF