In front of the Office/Guest Room
- Two Popcorn Drift white roses by Star Roses & Plants and a Limelight Hydrangea planted June 2017
- Two “Pardon Me” reblooming daylilies (red flowers with yellow throats) at the point next to the walk on the east side of the front door) – Memorial Day 2017
- Knockout Roses
In front of the Living Room-Studio
- Grape Ripple daylily
- Knockout Roses
- two Stella de Oro at the back door -Memorial Day 2017
Outside the Kitchen window
- Stella D’Oro Daylilies
- Knock Roses
- Pink Climbing Rose
- Spider Lilies
East side of the driveway
- 3 gal. Quick Fire Hydrangea (south end of the bed) and a 3 gal. Pinkie Winkie Hydrangea. Both panicle hydrangeas from Flowerwood Nursery, Inc. of Mobile AL. Both bloom on new growth.
- two Agapanthus (semi-dwarf Lily of the Nile)
- three dark
leaf, deep red crepe myrtles named Sunset Magic (Lagerstroemia) “ PIILAG-IXPPAF”
The Citrus Groove — East side of the driveway between the pecans and the fence.
- Along the driveway:
- Meyer Lemon – Southmost (?)
- Omari Satsuma – Northmost (?)
- Blood-red orange – Center (?)
- Meyer Lemon – At the fence
- Florida King Peach – Next to the Meyer Lemon
- Pineapple Pear – Next to the Blood Red Orange
Along the 4-board fence at the road
Christmas 2014 – Planted eight Natchez crepe myrtles along the new 4-board wood fence.
9/24/2018 – Planted one clump of Savanha Debutant and one of Siloam June Bug both rebloomers from Oakes Daylilies. The SJB was the bonus plant. Both were planted between Crepes 6 & 7 (counting from the east) with the Savanha Debutant on the west side of the Bridal Wreath and the SBJ on the east side. See Post here.
10/21/2018 – Planted four “Imperial Blue” Plumbagos (
4/3/2019 – Planted the following four daylily “fans” bought from American Meadows.
- ‘Crimson Pirate’ Daylily
- ‘Frans Hals’ Daylily
- Original Orange Daylily – Located in the back of the SE corner bed with the power pole.
- ‘Strawberry Candy’ Reblooming Daylily
4/8/2019 – SE corner of from yard with the power pole”
- Autumn Lily (white) Rhododendron ‘
- Autumn Fire (red) Rhododendron ‘Roblez’ PP28279
Beds on the yard side of the angled wood fence at the gate
One Autumn Sunburst Encore Azalea on each side
Along the 4-board fence at the pecan orchard
- Shishi Gashira Camellias, 2 ea. planted 1/7/2018
- Bella Rouge Camellias – 2 ea. planted 1/7/2018
- Bridal Wreaths at each power pole
- Three daylilies moved here on 4/3/2018
In Pecan Orchard along the 4-board fence
- “Semmes Beauty” Oakleaf Hydrangea
- Texas Laurel brought from Houston
Bay Leaf Tree bed
- Bay Leaf Tree
- 10/21/2018 – Six new daylily bulbs bought from American Meadows
- ‘Frans Hals’ Daylily reblooming again in fall. Boasting big, bi-colored flowers that alternate rusty crimson inner petals and yellow throats, with sunny yellow outer petals. Mature Plant Size 20-24″ tall, 18-24″ wide. Bloom Time Mid to late summer
- ‘Hyperion’ reblooming daylily’s sunny-yellow blooms are prolific and sweetly fragrant. The large, 5″ flowers last into the evening hours. Is a strong, easy-to-grow variety that has been in cultivation for over 80 years. Very cold hardy and attractive to butterflies. Mature Plant Size 36-40″ tall, 18-24″ wide. Bloom Time Early to mid-summer. NOTE – Some or all of these were moved to the backyard beds 4/6/2019.
- Roses – Two hybrid teas and two Julia Childs.
Bed along north side of house at AC and patio
Bought at the MBG sale an azalea that is to grow only 4 feet high. It is called “Conversation Piece”, a Rotan Hill Hybrid. The tag says “Variable ruffled white with pink strips. Loose mounding habit. Mid-Spring.” It was planted in a new small triangular bed in front of the AC to “hide” the AC from the new backyard patio.
Bed between Utility Room wall and Back Patio
- three “Frost Proof” Gardenias on the north end in front of the
- two Painted Ladies hibiscus
- two President Red hibiscus
Bed along the south wall of the Grain Bin
- Natchez Crepe Myrtle and a traditional Crepe from somewhere.
- Union Baptist Church azalea transplants
- Two Bridal Wreaths that were not doing anything in the front yard
Bed in Backyard along Azaleas
- Daylilies: Hyperion; ……….
- Wood Ferns – planted 4/6/2019
- Original Sundown Farms’ Amaryllis – 4x
Ming Porcelain Daylily – Evergreen. Tetrapoid rebloomer. Large 6″ blooms pastel ivory pink touched peach edged with lime green throat 36″ x 24″.
Jerome Daylily – scape height 22 in, (56 cm)bloom size 6.75 in, (17 cm)
bloom season Early-Midseason
foliage type Evergreen
bloom habit Extended