2/25/2021 – Yesterday and this morning we weeded the daylily beds west of the driveway and fed them the “concoction”. The beds were:
- the newest bed we call the Nursury at the Martin House;
- the round Lady Bed in the center of the fruit tree grove and;
- the bed immediately east of the pond-field gate to the road.
The “concoction” was:
- 1 cup (16 tbsp) of Miracle Grow
- 1 cup (16 tbsp) of fish emulsion
- 1 cup (16 tbsp) of Southern Ag’s chelated iron
- 4 gallons (16 quarts) of water
How the application was prepared and applied.
- mix the above in a 5-gallon bucket;
- dipped out two quarts and put them into the 2-gallon watering cans;
- filled the watering cans with water;
- poured about a quart on each large daylily clump and less on the smaller clumps.