9/5/2020 – This morning we tilled her garden again and planted:
- Danvers 126 Carrots. Soaked a couple of hours.
- Cilantro seeds leftover from last year. Soaked overnight a couple of hours last evening then left open to dry off.
- Spinach plants, six by Bonnie bought at Hurley F&S.
- Brocolli plants, six by Bonnie bought at Hurley F&S.
- Brussel Sprout plants, six by Bonnie bought at Hurley F&S.
- Balero Carrots
She watered in the carrot seeds dropped into the slot made by the hoe handle, then covered them with boards. The boards did not cover the middle 12″+ and we left it open to see if that area germinates different than the parts covered by the boards.
9/8/2020 – Lifted the boards from the carrot seeds an some have long white roots on top of the soil. Replaced the boards. The next morning there were more and we removed the boards.