8/18/2019 – By 8 AM, while the east side was still in the shade, Mary and I had pulled up individual hills in the first two wide rows. The number of seeds and depth were per the plans here. The vegetables planted and spacing are as follows.
- Eastmost row, 4′ from the grass, starting from the north end we planted:
- Cucumbers – 3 hills 3′ apart
- Sugar Pie Pumpkins – 3 hills 5′ apart
- Table Ace Acorn Squash – 4 hills 7′ apart
- Next Row, 8′ from the eastmost, starting from the north end we planted:
- Spaghetti Squash – 7 hills, 5′ apart
- Waltham Butternut Squash – __ hills 2′ apart.
8/23/2019 – All hills have sprouted with two leaves