5/22/2020 – Fed all the roses with the concoction below that was added to 4 gallons of water (16 quarts) in a 5-gallon bucket. Mixing was much easier done this way and the feeding went much quicker.
Dipped out a quart for each 2-gallon watering can which gave us 1 tbsp per 2 gallons, and put 1/2 gallon on each rose. See note below as that was only half what I wanted to feed.
- 1 Cup (16 tbsp) of Miracle Grow
- 1 Cup (16 tbsp) of fish emulsion
- 1 Cup (16 tbsp) of Southern Ag’s chelated iron
Rose count for this feeding.
- Knock Outs – 12
- Floribundas – 10
- Teas – 8 including the four in pots
- Climbing Pinks – either side of the gate and the new ones in the southwest corner of the pond yard.
Had some left over so put more on the:
- big Knock Outs at the front porch;
- hydrangeas either side of the front porch;
- the little sickly azaleas under the office window;
- the ginger plant and shrimp plant under the Frescati.
- This was a light feeding as each watering can should have gotten 2 quarts of the solution so they would each have had 2 tbsp of each component. Oh well.
- Either make it twice as strong or put 1 gallon on each rose instead of only 1/2 gallon.