John Deere LA130 Automatic, 48″ mower, 100 Series, Model 0130A
Product ID No. GX0130A030506
Engine Model Briggs & Stratton 44; 21 HP
Model 441677 Type 0131 E1 Code 060823Yo
Displacement 725 cc (44.2 cu in.)
Spark Plug-Gap 0.76 mm (0.030 in.)
Spark Plug-Torque – 15 lb-ft
Transaxle Model Tuff Torq™ HD K46
Travel Speed – Forward 0 – 8.9 km/h (0 – 5.5 mph)
Travel Speed – Reverse 0 – 5.2 km/h (0 – 3.2 mph)
Front 16 x 6.5 – 8. Tire Pressure 12 psi
Rear 22 x 9.5 – 12. Tire Pressure 12 psi
The following John Deere oils are preferred.
Turf Guard 10W-40
Other oils may be used if John Deere oils are not available, providing they meet one of the following specifications:
SAE 10W-30 API Service Classification SG or higher
SAE 30 API Service Classification SG or higher
Weight: 524 lbs [237 kg]
Wheelbase: 48.9 inches [124 cm]
Length: 69.25 inches [175 cm]
Width: 60 inches [152 cm]
Height: 45 inches [114 cm]
2WD turn radius: 1.5 feet [0.5 m]
To Level Mower Deck see Page 14 in Operations Manual where the following was extracted.
1. Make sure machine is on a flat, level surface.
2. Check that tires are inflated to correct tire pressure. Tire pressure is
marked on the side of the tire.
3. Place three short 51 mm (2 in.) blocks of wood under the edges (A) of
the mower deck.
4. Lower mower deck to the 65 mm (2.5 in.) cutting height position.
5. Check that the mower deck is level and lightly touching each of the
three wooden blocks.
6. Raise the cutting height to the next highest position and remove the
three wooden blocks.
7. Turn the nut (C) on the front draft arm counterclockwise 1-2 full turns so
that the front of the deck is 3-6 mm (1/8-1/4 in.) lower than the rear. This
adjustment prevents “double cutting,” which wastes horsepower and
causes brown grass tips.
NOTE: Adjusting deck wheels. Bottom of wheels should be approximately 1/8-1/2 in. from the ground.
- 2013 – Peggy and Frank gave it to us and we towed it to the farm.
- January 2015 – Rebuilt front hubs with sealed bearings; replace steering gear but still need to replace Teflon steering shaft inserts.
- July 2015 – Replaced upper Teflon bushing in the
steeringcolumn. Changed fuel filter, oil, and oil filter. Found large “pie” gear has a worn-out tooth and replaced it.
- May 2017 – Replaced mower belt and ignition switch.
- Feb 18, 2019 – Replaced mower decks idler pullies: left, right (GY22172) and the larger center one.
- Aug 22, 2019 – Changed oil to JD 10W30 and filter. Will not start may be due to compression not released. Hoped the old oil is the issue but it was not. It needs a new battery.
- Aug 25, 2019 – Replaced battery with Autozone Duralast U1-3; 425 amp with 350 CCA as would not start. A new battery was the solution.
- June 11, 2020 – Replaced right steering pushrod.
- July 15, 2020 – Replaced deck’s belt tension spring
- August 31, 2020
- Replaced left steering pushrod.
- Replaced the bolt that mounts the deck belt tension pulley. The bolt sheered off.
- Replaced the air filter.
- March 2021 – Replaced front tires and added tubes
- April 3, 2021 – Replaced mower deck drive belt and changed the oil and filter.
- May 13, 2021 – Replaced center spindle of the mower deck and painted the deck.