2/16/2021 – So far this winter we have had four spells of 2-3 nights in a row in the mid to high 20° temperatures. This morning the low here at Sundown Farms was 20° and did not get above freezing until noon.
By sundown, the temperature was again below 32° and fell to 25° by sunrise on 2/17/2021. From Texas through the southeast is even colder than us here on the coast. Long-term electrical outages occurred in Texas days after the worst of the cold.
Impact on Garden Plants
- Cabbage – The Cheers and the New Jersey Wakefield had no impact.
- Daikon Radish – Were stung hard but we were done with them anyway.
- Bok Choi – ???
- Chinese Cabbage – ???
- Onions – None of the onions were impacted.
- Yellow Potato Onions
- Red onion sets
- Warrior Bunching Onions from seed
- Bunching onion sets from the feed store
- Balero Carrots in Mary’s Garden – No Impact
- Leeks – No impact
- Spinach in Mary’s Garden – No Impact
- Tehama Lettuce in Mary’s Garden – No Impact
- Salad Bowl Lettuce in Mary’s Garden – No Impact
- Buttercrunch Lettuce in Mary’s Garden – No Impact