- Sundown FarmsJanuary 17, 2019, 9:35 am54.0°F30.36inHg0.00in/h0.00intoday47.5°F
- Buttercrunch Lettuce Seed planted
- Final Seed List for Spring 2019
- Getting the Garden Ready the First Time
- Mulched the Front Yard Beds & Citrus Trees
- Four Camellias for the Front Yard
- Martin Gourds Repaired
- Bought Seeds at St. Elmo Feed & Seed
- Mowing the Pastures and Clearing the Lane
- Oakland Holly Tree for our 2018 Christmas Tree
- Mustard seeds have sprouted
Category Archives: Row Crops
11/26/2016 – Driskell’s crew arrived to finishing picking the cotton that had been started. Amazing machine that would finish one roll and carry it on the back like a spider with a large egg pouch. Then “lay” it at the … Continue reading
Peanuts were in the large field co-owned by Peggy and us.
Driscoll Cotton Farms planted peanuts in the large field behind the house. Planted over 70 acres in 3.5 hours. That would have taken Dad and I at least three Saturdays.
Peggy reported that the large north field was sprayed by Driscoll Cotton Farms as the first step toward planting cotton.
After being planted what seems like a long time ago and only had one shower we finally were blessed with 3/4″ of rain last night. The peanuts seem happier but that little rain will not last long when the earth … Continue reading
As Peggy and Frank drove home they could see the rising billowing smoke was obviously coming from the farm. Yes, the fields were on fire. Thankfully, the farmer who rented the fields to plant peanuts was burning off the brush … Continue reading